The Nigerian Ports Authority wishes to recruit suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
POST TITLE: General Manager, Security
The Authority, a government owned agency with offices in the under locations is charged with the responsibility of ensuring, among others, security of lives and properties:
- Headquarters, Lagos;
- Lagos Port Complex;
- Tincan Island Port;
- Rivers Port, Port Harcourt;
- Onne Port;
- Delta Ports, Warri;
- Abuja Liaison Office;
- Overseas Office, London.
Responsibilities, among others are:
- Provision of operational security support for the organization,
- Legislative compliance with security related protocols, conventions, codes etc.,
- Coordination of the activities of the Security Department in conformity with international best practices.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in any of the social sciences,
- 10 years experience in Military/Law enforcement agency with 5 years in management position in the rank not lower than Lt. Col/Asst. Commissioner of Police/Director, State Security Services..
METHOD OF APPLICATION & APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:
Qualified and interested candidates should send his/her application CV stating e-mail, contact (not P.O. Box) addresses and mobile telephone number(s) on or before 8th September 2011.
The General Manager, Human Resources
Nigerian Ports Authority
Only short-listed applicants would be invited for interview.
This advert supersedes the one earlier published in the Guardian and Leadership Newspapers of Wednesday June, 22nd 2011.