BRITISH HIGH COMMISSIONABUJA
The(BHC) Abuja has the following part-time vacancy in its Chancery Section.
POST TITLE: LE IV Part-time Receptionist
Therequires a Receptionist to work in its busy Chancery building. This will be a part-time position and the successful candidate will be required to work a minimum of 25 hours per week.
JOB Duties will include:
- Receiving, transferring and making local and international calls for members of staff
- Receiving incoming visitors,
- Administering incoming mail,
- Ensuring the High Commission entrance area is well presented,
- Other administrative tasks on request,
- Providing leave cover for other s in the High Commission.
We are looking for a reliable, courteous person with excellent inter-personal and communication skills. The ability to speak clear, concise English is very important and will be tested at interview. Previousexperience is desirable. Occasional late working may be required.
The successful candidate will need to be computer literate, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
This is a part-time position working in conjunction with an already established, ensuring cover is provided for a busy reception area, from 0745 to 1700hrs daily. A shift system operates alternating between morning and afternoons.
- The job will be graded LE IV part-time receptionist with a monthly starting salary of N117,913.00, including pro-rata leave and allowances.
- Successful candidates who are not liable to pay Nigerian tax will be subject to a 10% notional tax deduction on the basic salary.
- The salary will be paid in Naira.
- There will be occasional additional hours to work (such as cover for leave or sickness of the other receptionist), which will attract additional salary. Flexibility is therefore critical.
Staff recruited locally by the British High in Abuja are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Nigerian employment law.
Applications should be sent to:
Anyone interested in applying should send a CV (which should include a contact telephone number) and a type written covering letter detailing relevant experience and abilities to the following address:
The Human Resources Assistant
British High Commission
No. 33 Dangote House
Aguiyi Ironsi Street
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday 9th September 2011.
NOTE: Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered. Telephone applications and enquiries will also not be accepted. Only applicants called for interview will be contacted. Interviews are likely to take during the week commencing 26th September 2011.